This is one of my favorite lunches, in fact, when the hubby’s not around I sometimes have it for dinner too. This is not a meal he will eat, but I just love it. You can use whatever you have on hand. Make it as big or little as you wish. If you are looking for a good basic chicken wrap recipe this is mine.
Chicken strips ~ 1 or 2
hummus ~ a couple Tbsp
sliced cheese ~ whatever kind you like
chopped lettuce ~ the darker the better
cucumber ~ a few thin slices
sprouts ~ a handful of your favorite kind
tomatoes ~ a few thin slices
avocado ~ a few thin slices or chunks
red onion ~ as much as you liked diced small
whole wheat tortilla ~ or whatever kind you like
salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
1. In a large skillet or non stick pan spray some non stick spray. Throw on the tortilla, and heat it up. I like mine a little crunchy so I cook them a little longer, if you just want it warm just heat it for a minute or so.
2. While that’s cooking, salt,pepper and garlic powder your chicken strips.
3. When you take the tortilla off, spray the surface again ~ or you could use olive oil ~ and throw on your chicken strips. Cook until they are cooked through and no longer pink on the inside.
4. While the chicken is cooking I spread hummus across the tortilla. Then I add all the rest of the ingredients. Remember if you are wanting to roll it don’t go overboard on the ingredients. (many times I have taco wraps )
5. Once the chicken is done add it to the top of the ingredients (you can cut it into pieces or leave it whole, whichever you prefer) and then roll your wrap and serve.
This is the perfect meal. You have protein from the chicken and hummus, lots of produce from all the goodies you added, carbs from your tortilla and good fats from the avocado. You don’t need to add anything to this meal.
This is my favorite lunch. I love chicken wraps. They are so versatile and you can always find something in the fridge to add. I always use hummus, no matter what other ingredients I find, it gives it such a great zip, and it much healthier than ranch or some other salad dressing. The little one loves these too, but she tears hers apart and eats it one piece at a time. Like I said, this is a no go for hubby. If you wanted to make this a vegetarian dish you could leave out the chicken and add some black beans.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter