This recipe came to me through Fit Yummy Mummy. It was in a bonus cookbook Holly provided in the community. It has all my favorite things in it, chicken, artichoke hearts and mushrooms. The added benefit is it is totally easy to make! I love the way Holly set this recipe up. She shows you exactly the produce and protein involved in this meal. Which is a great way for me to stay on track.
Protein: 4 3oz chicken breasts
Produce: 1 can artichoke hearts (packed in water, not oil)
1 package sliced mushrooms
Extras: 1/3 C capers
1/4 C lemon juice
1 tsp minced garlic (out of a jar is fine)
1/4 c whole wheat flour
2 Tbsp olive oil
1. Dredge your chicken in the whole wheat flour lightly.
2. Find a large pan, and heat your oil, then add your garlic. Make sure you stir it constantly or it will burn, cook over a medium heat until garlic is a light brown color.
3. Throw in the chicken and cook just a few minutes on each side.
4. Add the lemon juice, artichokes, capers and mushrooms.
5. Simmer, covered for 30-35 minutes. Make sure you give the chicken a turn once or twice.
You can add more produce to this meal, like broccoli, or green beans, but it really doesn’t need it, with all the vegetables already in it. You can add a pasta in a pouch side dish to this, but it can be eaten just as it is, if you are doing Fit Yummy Mummy and are sticking to the protein and produce rule.
Absolutely delicious!! This meal was fantastic, and very easy. I did not use the capers, as I didn’t have them on hand, not sure what a difference it would have made, but it was great. I was a little concerned because the “crust” on the chicken was all wrinkled when I took it out. I thought it might be gross, but it was tasty and wonderful. We will definitely put this in our regular dinner rotation.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter